The importance of packing rare records
Shipping a rare record must be done with the greatest attention and care!!
As serious record collectors we've had all kind of experiences with methods of packaging. Many sellers of rare records are very serious in packing their records the good way so they survive the sometimes long trip. But there are some folks active on the internet taking packaging not so serious which can result in serious problems. We at RareProgPsych are fully aware a good parcel and shipping method is a big part of the experience of buying rare records on the internet. We have developed a safe and easy to handle parcel for shipping our records to new owners all around the globe.
We actually use 2 boxes to create 1 parcel!
Yes, that's correct! All our RPP parcels have a larger double cardbourd outside box with a smaller multi-record cardbourd envelope inside the box.
Steps in creating a safe parcel.
1. All the records are first removed from the sleeve and packed behind the sleeve in a new polylined inner after they are fully inspected and cleaned when necessary. The sleeve and the record are stored into a new protective thick quality plastic outer sleeve. Note: we never store records inside their original gatefold. We do this to avoid any kind of wear/damage to the sleeve.
2. When a record is sold, we do a final inspection of the record and sleeve so we know for sure the buyer gets the record in the expected condition. If we found out the record deviates the discription, we always inform the buyer to discuss a solution.
3. After final inspection we pack the record in bubble plastic and store it with cardboard fillers inside the cardboard envelope.
4. The cardboard envelope will be closed carefully and provided by corner protectors. This is an important step in packing the record safely. With the record we will also add a thank you message stored in a nice custom envelope. Note: We will never add a paper invoice. All invoices will be sent by email.
5. The cardboard envelope will be stored carefully in the larger double cardboard box. We will fill the box with cardboard fillers and bubble plastic for extra protection. The box will be closed very carefully with strong tape with a red "fragile" print.
6. All our parcels will be shipped with PostNL (Dutch Postal Services). PostNL works with most nationale postal services all around the globe. If you prefer another shipping service, please contact us and we will arrange it. Because of our experiences of terrible parcels with broken records in the years of record collecting we know how important it is to serve our buyers with the best possible packing materials. It is simply a large part of a good experience. No one wants to receive a damaged record because of poor packing materials. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are happy to provide you all the informartion you need.